Sunday, May 27, 2012

Just Another Run in the Hood!

I have not blogged much about living on The Hill and that should really change ('The Hill" is local slang for saying you live in the area known as Capitol Hill).  The other day I was out on my usual run and decided to take some photos and thought it was worthy enough to blog about.....!



  My run is basically a square - over one bridge, turn right run straight,turn right over second bridge, turn right run straight, and you are back where you started.  The shot above was taken from the other side of the river.  Pretty good shot of the Navy Yards and the big ship that is housed there.



They have built up the water front area, and did an amazing job!  The turtles are digging it too!


This was an unusual scene that I just happened to run across, and of course had to stop and check it out!  Interesting music was playing while these girls splashed around in the water.  Later to find out they were acting out a local love story.  I didn't stick around to the end, but was impressed with how many people turned out to watch.


And of course, the men in uniform that are practicing for the Friday Night Parade....which certainly will be a future blog post all of its own!!! 

 There you go!  Highlights of my local in-town run!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment