Monday, January 21, 2013

Pine Island, Flordia - Visit with the folks!

I love visiting my parents in Florida. I think this was my fourth trip there, and I never run out of things to do!  And I love the fact they are so willing to do a jump shot for me!!

   

We spent a lot of time out on the boat. This sandbar is one of my favorite spots. When the tides are really shallow this beautiful sandbar appears from nowhere in the middle of the gulf. Low tide for us was still a little high, but we were able to wade in the warm water.


I think every person on the block has a kayak and uses it just about every day. We headed out in the water and went through an area they call the Tunnels. You are completely surrounded by mangroves and have to paddle in a single row. I love all the bright kayak colors!!

I had never been out to the fish houses before, and they were really interesting. People will stay in these houses and use them as a base for their fishing adventures. Reminded me of some sort of hut to hut hike!



And of course by the end of the trip mom is ready for me to put the camera away!! But I don't think she really meant it!! Thank you for such an awesome trip! Looking forward to visiting again very soon!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment