Friday, January 18, 2013

Presidential Inauguration 2013


It is inauguration time here in the District, and you can feel the buzz in the air!  We are actually jetting out of town, so we won't be here to participate.  But since we live a mile from the Capital, I thought I should take a quick jaunt to go and check things out!

The Capital is looking a little decked out at the moment.  Gigantic flags hanging in front, huge TV monitors on both sides, seats for 1000's of people.  Of course the security has tripled, and I'm sure there is more to come.  Road closures will for sure be in affect......Locals are renting out their houses for 1,000's of dollars, and the Metro is shutting down.



But what impressed me the most was the number of port-a-pots that surrounded the capital, the mall, and the streets!  They were everywhere.  I'm guessing they have cleaned out every port-a-pot rental place within 200 miles of the District!  I am thankful we will be coming home to a urine/poop free city!!!  Congratulations President Obama.  Curious to see what you do in the next four years!

No comments:

Post a Comment