Sunday, January 22, 2012

Appalachian Trail: Chester Gap to Harper's Ferry

If you are reading this post, then you most likely know me well enough to know I love endurance activities!  I love long days out, I love pushing myself, and love, love, love being exhausted at the end of the day....And it makes the beer taste even better!  So, when Kira said she wanted to do a 50 I said sure!



And for some reason I never get tired of this view....keeping pace, following steps, just moving.....it some how simplifies things and lets your mind wander!


We had a BEAUTIFUL day out....cooler temps with snow flurries all day.  There was this crazy "snow/ice" build up on the trees....like little hairs or some sort of strange horfrost....delicate and beautiful.  The trail was snow packed and awesome for running.  We didn't make it the 54 miles to Harper's Ferry, but  did do an out and back.


I only hope Kira doesn't get tired of all the photos I take during our outside adventures!!  And, Kira, thanks for the motivation, conversation, and commitment!!!  More details on the trail below!

No comments:

Post a Comment