Sunday, January 1, 2012

Surprise! Happy New Year Alaska!


We had come so far, it just seemed logical to jet up to Alaska for New Years, as I still call that place home.....  There was talk of an ice bar, sledding, home brew, and a hot dance mix.....And of course some of the best friends in the whole wide world!!  It was all I could do to keep the visit a surprise, but I did!!!  The shot above was taken just before the new year....I love the fact everyone bundles up for the -10 degrees to be outside to bring in the New Year!!


Needless to say, we were moving a bit slow the next day.....fortunately little man Resh was full of energy and ready to go!!  He was so proud to show off his skate skiing abilities!  As my nostrils froze, and ice built up on my hair I reminisced about my years in AK.....I learned so much about my mind, body, and spirit.....A new found sense  of myself and my inner spirit....but, .brrrr,  it sure is cold up there!


I can't remember if this was taken when the sun went down or the sun came up?? Short days this time of year, but beautiful nonetheless!  Thank you Alaska for all the wonderful memories, and sooo glad "you" continue to be apart of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment