Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stephens Trail, Kennedy Peak -- There is more than just the Shenandoah's!



I've always been pretty good at inviting myself along....and when I heard Bennett and Matt were getting out that is exactly what I did!  Today we headed just east of the Shenandoah's to the Massanutten Mountains. Beautiful views of the  Shennandoah's from the top...The river looks like an awesome float...I just need to get a pack-raft!

Matt was a great sport and very patient with all of my photo taking  He also pulled off the jump-shot on his first go!  The loop was just over nine miles, with a long ascent, a long ridge at the top (with great views on both sides), and a short downhill. 


Below, Bennett strikes a pose at the top!!  The peak is just a short side trip off the main trail.  Thanks for the great day!!  Looking forward to getting out again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment