Friday, March 2, 2012

New York City Highlights!

New York City, yet again, wins me over.  I'm not sure there is another city of this size that I would give up mountains for to reside in....Ok, maybe Hong Kong!  Andrew had to head up for work, and  I tagged along.  I had about 4 days on my own to explore and be a tourist!  (one of my favorite things to be!).  First stop was the Empire State Building (below).  An ear popping experience for sure!!  Amazing views of the city from the top!



I had a wonderful day checking out the Statue of Liberty.  A little disappointed that presently you can't go in the crown  Regardless, it was so cool to take the ferry over, and get right up close!  The weather was perfect as well.....perfect walking weather!



I tried to get a ticket to Sleep No More, which sounded amazing (Thank you Amy for the recommendation), but didn't have much luck finding a ticket.  Thanks to Craig's List I found a ticket to the Book of Mormon!  Which was AMAZING!!  A show that shouldn't be missed!!!!
 
Of course there were long walks through Central Park, a day in Brooklyn (thank you Brendan for the recommendations) a viewing of the Today Show, and a daily cupcake from Magnolia!  Taking the train up from DC is its own experience as well.   Below, a slideshow to sum up the experience!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment