Monday, March 5, 2012

Prince William Forest - A great thing to do on spring break!I



Victoria was on spring break, and said she was going to do something exciting everyday!  I said come run with Kira and me, and she jumped at the opportunity! I said the run would be 10ish, but as we passed the 10 mile mark, and the car was still nowhere in site, I knew I screwed up!! Oops!  Didn't matter though everyone rocked it!!
(I love the shot above!  Looks like we are up to nooo good!)


Prince William Forest is about an hour drive from DC.  With its great trail system, and rolling hills it makes for a great escape from the city.  I have never taken my road bike out there, but it  looks like there is a great loop road too!  The trot today, weather-wise, was interesting - a mix of snow, sleet, sun, and blooming daffodils (below)!! 
 
Of course I failed to mention other adventure highlights - driving the wrong way on the one-way road, the awesome lunch in Occoquan, and the the great conversation!   Thanks for the company you guys!  A great day out!  For more details see the trip report below!

No comments:

Post a Comment