Sunday, September 30, 2012

Old Rag - The Best of the Best


Old Rag is my favorite hike in the Shenandoah valley.  Its got everything....great elevation gain, on a great trail, followed by about a mile of awesome rock scrambling to the peak, and an awesome easily trot-able trail down the back side!


I do get bummed out that this trail, to me, is the best of the best here on the East Coast, the trail is often super packed with people, and the two-plus hour drive doesn't win it any points......BITTER PARTY OF ONE......But I'm trying to stay focused on the positives -- at least I have access, and now have a schedule that allows me to get out more often.....(just had to vent, because sometimes venting makes a person feel a little better!).


Andrew had never done this one before, and he certainly had a great time!! Bummer for us when we reached the top, the clouds rolled in, so we didn't get the fabulous views of the Shenandoah Valley below.  Regardless it was an amazing day, and I was super excited to busting out the Houdini!!! Fall is in the air -- enjoy everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment