Monday, March 4, 2013

Exum Backcountry Ski Week - Skiing 25 Short in Grand Teton NP

A little intro before we get started:  
I love mountains and I love snow.  I was a boarder forever, but saw the light, and am now a two plank women.  My experience on skis has been mostly at packed powder resorts, and there was that one day when my friends tried to kill me in Hatchers Pass, AK..... but we won't go into that right now. One of my goals for 2013 was to backcountry ski.  Exum Mountain Guides offered a one week class that provided you with an AMAZING guide, a BEAUTIFUL place to stay which included the best breakfast in the world, and  basic avalanche teaching/gear.  It was the perfect the deal!

 

Marty, his Divas (Juliane and me), and Mike the guide all ready to start the skin up "25 Short" aka Peak 9,975. All perhaps searching for something.....or there just to have a good time! All open to new experience, new adventures, and new friendships.

 

As we take our first break, Mike, begins to explain  his 27 Step Program to Backcountry Skiing.  By the end, we all passed with flying colors!




Always an amazing feeling as you near the top!


And the day couldn't get any better!  Beautiful views of Buck Mountain, the Grand Teton, and the valley below.



Of course I always have time to strike a pose!



I'll be honest my ride down was a bit epic...ok, maybe if there is a word worse than "epic" that would better explain how it went!  But I made it!  Always an amazing feeling when your back at the car looking up at what you just skied!  Marty, Juliane, and I all smiles and looking forward to doing it all again the next day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment