Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Exum Backcountry Ski Week -- Skiing Mail Stop




Another beautiful day in Jackson!  It just doesn't get any better!  This day we headed over the pass towards Idaho.   I mentioned that my ski down was a bit epic the day before (see 25 Short post)....I think Mike thought he was going to have to call in a helicopter for a rescue -- but he didn't!  Determined not to have the same experience twice, and heeding Mike's advice that it takes 27 times for it to click....I watched 27 You Tube videos on how to ski powder.....




Ta-Da!  Something did click, and I finally made turns! I was finally skiing powder!  Of course skiing with three awesome skiers, watching their technique, and trying to incorporate their suggestions helped a ton!   I'm not sure what the group thought of me that day.... Extremely excited and happy for me, yet completely confused as to what happened to that girl we watched tumble down mountain the day before!?!?!

 
Once again, all smiles back at the car.  And me truly grateful to be out in the mountains with such an amazing, supportive crew of people!  Car beers never tasted better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment